Saturday, November 20, 2010

Plantation Wildlife Arts Festival


Today, I went to the Plantation Wildlife Arts Festival in Thomasville, GA with my mom and grandma. We walked around and viewed all the paintings and sculptures, etc. by all the different artists, and got to see some of them in action. I really enjoyed several of the artists and thought I'd tell you about them.

A sculptor I really love is Don Rambadt. He sculpts birds out of mixed metals in a really organic, yet abstract way using positive and negative space to create these masterpieces.

Another artist I really like is Karen Kirkland. She creates baskets out of natural items like gourds, leather, shells, etc. to make these beautiful and unique pieces using new and ancient techniques.
Artist Clive R. Tyler caught my eye with his pastel and oil pieces. I love the colors and the scenery. He has gorgeous work that is just flawless to me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment