Monday, November 1, 2010

My Weekend in Thomasville


I always love going down to Thomasville, GA to visit my grandparents and relatives. It is so relaxing and beautifull there, plus I get to eat good ol' southern style meals cooked by my grandma. I probably gained 5 pounds just from this weekend, but it's totally worth it.

On my visit this past weekend, I got to do a lot of fun things. My grandfather runs the Thomasville Magazine, and asked if I'd take some photos of Cherokee Lake Park to possibly be published in his next issue. So I spent time walking around the park with my awesome boyfriend trying to get my shot!

We decided to walk across a railroad track that runs over the lake, not realizing it is still a functioning track. Scary! Luckily we made it to the other side without having to suddenly escape from a speeding train.



Another place we got to go was a pony farm where my uncle works. We got to go inside and pet the donkey, ponies, and horses.

Some people we are sure to never miss visiting is my great aunt and her 105 year old mother! Incredible people!

And finally, on our trip back to Atlanta, we stopped so that I could get pictures of a cotton field!

2 comments: