Saturday, October 23, 2010

Young Blood Gallery & Boutique

Yesterday I went on an adventure to the Young Blood Gallery & Boutique in Atlanta. Artists Linda Plaisted and Faryn Davis currently have their work exhibited in their gallery. Each had very interesting pieces, however I would have liked to see more of Plaisted's work instead of just the carnival series.
Linda Plaisted Carnival

Faryn Davis

My favorite artwork of Plaisted's collection are the trees, flowers, and birds. While the carnival collection has some cool pieces, I would have enjoyed to see her more natural inspirations. Viewing these artists exhibitions has really inspired me to want to do the same type of art with my photography.
Linda Plaisted Bird

Linda Plaisted Flower

Linda Plaisted Tree   


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your interest in my work, Melissa! I have to agree that my nature and landscape photography would have been a more effective pairing with Faryn's work, but Young Blood chose my Luna Park series for the show, so I was happy to share it, even so. It was an interesting experience, taking a photographic and digital medium and changing it back to analog as mixed media paintings.

    I'd love to see what you do to experiment in your own work.

    ReplyDelete